Thank you for being such an important part of Club Penguin Island: the community.
Club Penguin Island is no longer available. The game was retired on December 20, 2018, and active product support for all versions is no longer provided. We appreciate your support and understanding.
All refunds have been completed for those accounts that had a paid membership from November 6, 2018 and beyond. Note that refunds can take up to 10 business days to show on your statement.
What is Debug Mode?
Debug mode is a tool the Club Penguin Island team uses when testing the game. It allows us to make all kinds of changes to our penguins and the island. We can award ourselves coins and XP, and jump to special areas like the Mount Blizzard summit or Herbert’s base.
There are a couple ways to access debug in the Waddle On update:
- On a computer: press the Tilde key “~”
- On a mobile device: hold your thumbs on the top right-hand corner and bottom left-hand corner of the screen at the same time
Once the debug menu is visible, you’ll see several hexagonal shapes. These are the menu options, and under each option are sub menus. You will need to select “invoke” at the end of each option tree for the change to take effect.
Following is a list of all the sub menu options with descriptions that explain what they do:
- Trophy Platinum: triggers the platinum trophy particles for finishing a race
- Trophy Gold: triggers the gold trophy particles for finishing a race
- Trophy Silver: triggers the silver trophy particles for finishing a race
- Trophy Bronze: triggers the bronze trophy particles for finishing a race
- Change Local Outfit: updates the local penguin outfit removing everything but the specified template. This will not persist when the game is restarted.
- Clear Outfit: remove the currently equipped penguin outfit
- Classic Mini Games
- Launch: we used this to play the arcade games before the arcade machine was working and you can use it, too!
- Free Camera
- Start Camera: sets camera to free camera mode. Try plugging in a game controller and moving around the island. This was used for in-game video capture.
- Stop Camera: stops free camera mode
- Set Inventory Count: set your inventory count for the given type. Used to add pizza and cake to your inventory.
- Add Decorations: add decorations to your inventory
- Add Structures: add igloo structures to your inventory
- Delete All Decorations And Structures: delete all decorations for the current player
- Set Count For All: sets your furniture inventory count for all known furniture items
- Clear Rewards: resets XP, coins, and consumables count to zero. We used this to reset an account for testing
- Jackpot: loads you up with party supplies, completes all quests, XP for all mascots, and Coins
- Max Level: puts the user at the max level
- Quick Jackpot: loads you up with party supplies, completes all quests, 999999 XP and 999999 Coins. Beware this will force you to click through A LOT of pop-ups
- Reset Level: puts the user at level 0
- Set Coins: set your desired number of coins
- Set Collectible Count: set the count of the given collectible type
- Set XP: set your desired XP level for a given mascot
- Scene Loader
- Boardwalk: teleport to the Boardwalk
- Beach: teleport to the Beach
- Box Dimension: teleport to the Box Dimension
- Credits: starts the game credits
- Diving: teleport to the Diving Cave
- Herbert Base: teleport to Herbert’s Base
- Mt Blizzard: teleport to Mt Blizzard
- Mt Blizzard Summit: teleport to the Mt Blizzard Summit
- Sky Cafe: teleport to the Sky Cafe only if the player is in the Boardwalk
- Town: teleport to the Town
- Localization: change the language of the game
- Reset: reset all GameSettings (PlayerPrefs) to their default values
- Set Player Names Active: shows or hides names under the penguins
- Time Scale: custom time scale. Play fast or slow! “1” is normal speed.
- Interactive Zones
- Set Guitar Count: set the number of guitars on stage. The number of instruments changes the lighting and sound effects that play.
- Set Keytar Count: set the number of keytars on stage
- Set Drums Count: set the number of drums on stage
- Set Drum Count: set the number of bongo drums
- Set Guitar Count: set the number of acoustic guitars
What is Offline Mode?
Offline Mode allows you to continue your adventure after the servers shut down on December 20. Because the game will be offline, you will not be able to meet with friends. However, you'll still be able to take part in mascot adventures, design clothing, build an igloo, and play the Club Penguin arcade—all for free!